Are you one of these people who is afraid to make the changes to optimise your health because let’s face it, some foods are just so symbolic of indulgence and awake the senses like nothing else? Then read on, because I might just have something for you…
One of most frequent questions I’m being asked since first going gluten free years ago is a variation of “Don’t you miss <insert person’s favourite unhealthy food seen as a treat here>?”
Well no, of course not, I don’t miss feeling bloated, the head fog, and love the abundance of energy! Putting aside that yoga teaches moderation and control, and that’s something I can work on in my practice, let’s be real, I enjoy yummy food as much as the next person. My take on the situation is to seek and create ways to make naughty dishes actually good for you.
In this post, I introduce my all time favourite: pancakes!
These pancakes are nutritionally balanced, full of goodness and yummylicious.
2 scoops USANA MySmart whey protein
2 scoops wheat grass (I used BulkPowder here, but as long as it’s pure, any brand will do)
1 tsp raw cacao powder
1 cup water (approx, I went for consistency rather than measure, and that will depend on the size of your egg and the ripeness of your banana)
Mix, cook over a medium heat, try to resist the urge of eating them as you go so you can stack them.
It makes 4-6 small pancakes, I normally have them with a sliver of almond butter, and cashew works well too.
2 scoops USANA MySmart plant protein
4 blocks of frozen spinach or broccoli, smoothied
1 cup water
1 tsp raw cacao powder
2 tsp wheatgrass/spirulina/super greens/macha etc depending on your nutritional objectives
Blitz your spinach or broccoli with water.
Mix your protein and egg, if you take up the options as them in now, finally add in the smoothie.
Cook over a medium heat, note that because of using frozen veg, it’ll take longer to cook.
They splat if taken off too early!
Enjoy with a nut butter of your choice.
- These are a great way to hide the kids’ multivitamins and give them a super healthy breakfast without the fuss.
- Usana proteins powders are my go to because of their guaranteed commitment to purity and quality. Besides if it’s good for Olympians, NFL athletes, and premiership footballers, it’s great for a busy mum like me.
- Add in vanilla, cinnamon, ginger to experience different taste.
- For the veggie pancakes, plant protein is best.
- The egg is essential to bind the mix, so can’t go vegan on this one.
- One stack per person is plenty (it’s not because it’s healthy and nutritional that it’s a free pass for excess!)