It’s been a rollercoaster ride of a week. Big ups, one mega low down, a couple of disappointment. C’est la vie. *French shrug*
I’m lucky to be able to take a step back and bring perspective on things. It still hurts when it happens (it’ll pass). Now is time to share a few coping mechanisms.
Before anything else, BREATHE! Exhale slowly to release the bad stuff, breathe in for peace to return. Repeat. Listen to that sound. You’re going to be OK.
1. Offload to a friendly listener. It helps with perspective.
2. Compartmentalise facts, feelings, work, life, emotions… Keeps the good stuff good, and the rest is not the end of the world once there’s a lid on it.
3. Remember what is in the zone of influence. The rest doesn’t need to worry you.
4. Be mindful and relax. Focus on what matters, what is part of the process to get you where you want to be.
5. Find your happy place. For me it’s in between my headphones, and abandon myself in a series of tunes. My playlists are a blend of EDM, heavy metal, post-grunge, and the odd indie rock.