Some fun facts about butt I found interesting. And funny as hell 😀
Decided to make a small compilation, so here it is:
1. Women butt is typically larger than men butt because of the estrogen that causes fat to accumulate in the butt instead of the stomach.
2. Presenting your naked backside as a form of insult is believed to have originated with Romans, in the first century CE.
3. “Pygophilia” is the scientific name for sexual arousal caused by the buttocks.
4. To be “callipygian” is to have a well-shaped butt. Complete our 30 Days Booty Challenge and become veeeery callypygian 😀
5. The gluteus maximus (i.e. the butt) is the biggest muscle in the body.
6. There is a bone at the top of the butt called the coccyx, which used to be a tail before evolution weeded it out.
7. On average, 10% of the people getting ass implants are men 😀
8. Spanking has been around at least since ancient times!
9. Women with bigger butts are smarter, at least according to 2008 University of Pittsburgh and the University of California study.
10. Researchers at the University of Oxford have found that fat stored in the hips and butt (as compared to higher parts of the body) can actually help prevent heart disease, diabetes and diseases brought about by obesity.
11. There is a fly named after Beyonce primarily because of its butt. It is called Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae and it has golden butt.
12. Research has found that women with big thighs have a lower risk of premature death than those with thin thighs.
13. According to a study from the University of Texas at Austin, men are more attracted to the spinal curvature associated with a woman’s butt than its actual size.
14. According to a survey from Men’s Health and Women’s Health, one-third of female respondents chose butt as a favorite body part to be complimented on, which puts it above both eyes and breasts.
15. The word “butt” also means a large cask for beer and wine.
16. Kim Kardashian x-rayed her butt to prove there is no silicone implant in there.
17. Some species of turtles have the ability to breathe through their butts.
18. J. Lo reportedly has her booty insured for over $27 million.
19. While “selfie” earned the title of Oxford Dictionaries’ 2013 word of the year, “twerk” made the shortlist and became an official word.
20. The butt got eighth place in a recent survey that asked British men what they check out first about a woman—eyes got first. Honestly, I find that hard to believe 😀
I have to reblog, this is utter #buttnerdism at its best! I might well had this challenge to my exercise routine!